Merry White wine vinegar
-1 kg of very fresh anchovies, oil, vinegar, flour and salt.
-12 cloves of garlic
-1 cube of broth
-2 bay leaves
-1 sprig of thyme
-1 sprig of sweet paprika oregano
- Clean the anchovies, sprinkle with salt and pass through flour.
- Put oil in abundance in a frying pan and fry the anchovies in batches; remove them from the pan and reserve them.
- In the same oil, fry the garlic for a few minutes (which will be peeled and left whole), the bay leaf, the thyme and the oregano.
- When the garlic begins to brown, add the shredded cube and the paprika and, immediately so that the paprika is not required, a quantity of vinegar equal to half the oil contained in the bread. Let everything boil a few minutes and remove from heat.
- If they are prepared to be consumed within a couple of days, place the anchovies in a clay or ceramic pot, pour the marinade on top and let them absorb all the flavors for at least 24 hours.
- If you want to keep for more days, or even a week or two, place the fried anchovies in one or two jars and pour the marinade over them, taking care that they are well covered (keep this in mind to use oil and vinegar in abundance) ). Allow to cool and cover the jars tightly. Store them in a cool, dry pantry or in the cooler part of the refrigerator.